Here are listed types of URL addresses that you can add to TrackDuck projects and customize their workings in TrackDuck.
TrackDuck attributes URL addresses to projects according to an exact URL address that has been added to a project. For instance:
- If trackduck.com is added to a project, all other websites containing trackduck.com, e.g. www.help.trackduck.com, http://help.trackduck.com/wp-admin, www.blog.trackduck.com, etc. will be attributed to the same project and TrackDuck toolbar will show up on all of them.
- Also, if blog.trackduck.com is added to your project, all other websites containing blog.trackduck.com e.g., www.blog.trackduck.com, blog.trackduck.com/dir1/page1, etc. will be attributed to the same project and TrackDuck toolbar will show up on them, though it will not on e.g. trackduck.com.
If the same URL is added either with http or https, it is regarded as exactly the same URL.
However, if you want to attribute websites having the same URL to different projects in TrackDuck, there is a list of ways of how to do that.
1. By port numbers
Port numbers have to be added in an explicit manner. Otherwise TrackDuck will not recognize them as separate URLs and TrackDuck toolbar will not show up.
For instance, if you have http://mydomain.com added to your project, you should write http://mydomain.com:5000 in order to attribute the latter URL to a different project.
2. By paths
3. By port numbers and paths
4. By ports, paths and subdomains
5. By Nth level domain names
TrackDuck supports locahost hostnames. In order to attribute locahost hostnames to different projects, they should also be split by either a port number e.g.:
or by a path, e.g.:
TrackDuck supports IPv4 addresses (you may need to use an IP address if you do not have a domain name, for instance). IP addresses can be attributed to different projects in the same way as locahost is, by specifying a port number, e.g.:
specifying a path, e.g.:
or by specifying both a port number and a path, e.g.:
Do you still have some questions? Drop us a line at [email protected] and we’ll answer them all.